Process for Candidates Appearing in Free Online Test Series for Competitive and Recruitment Exams
Most of the competitive exams like JEE, CAT, IBPS, GATE, NEET, Aptitude and many others have now implemented online examination system. In near future, it might also be implemented for some other competitve examinations like CPT etc.
Many institutes provide Free Online Test Series and Online Practice Tests to Students
with free Online Test series for Bank, IBPS, JEE, CAT, GATE, NEET etc..on actual online exam system provided by many big and small coaching institutions. Students can have a feel of the step-by-step process of Online Examination System begining from online test registration to the end at online test results.
Step by Step Process for Candidates taking part in Online Test Series
- STEP 1 > Candidates have to fill Online Application Form on the Online Registeration System given on the online test website.
- STEP 2 > Username and Password of the Online Test Login is sent to the applicant via email or by SMS. So the candidate must provide an active email ID, along with their correct mobile no.
- STEP 3 > Once you receive the username and password, you have to login to the online test taking software on the online examination website of your institute.
- STEP 4 > You will reach your home panel where you will see the list of Online tests available for you to solve. You will click on the 'Open Test' button to choose the test to solve.
- STEP 5 > You will reach the online test solution panel of the online test taking system. Your Name, ID and Photo will be visible on the screen for the invigilator to validate that you are the same person giving the test who has filled the form. You will also find the link to read the online test instructions. Read the online question paper instructions carefully before you start to attempt the online test.
- STEP 6 >Start to solve the online mock test question paper. The online test timer will start only after you press the "Start Test" button.
- You can navigate through all the questions of your choice unless the online examination system for your type of examination restricts you from jumping between online test MCQ question sections.
- You can read the questions and answer them. If you want to save your answer, then press the "Next" button and move to the next question. If you directly click on another question number to view another question, the answer of the previous mcq question will be saved but tagged as "not final", so that you can view it later.
- If you logout by mistake or due to power failure, your responses to online multiple choice questions in online question paper will be saved and your time consumed will also be saved. When you will login again, you will get the time remaining for that online test paper and all your question and answers will be saved, so you can continue to solve your online mcq test.
- STEP 7 > Press the final “Submit” button if you have finished solving your test. Even if you don’t press the “Submit” button, the test will be automatically saved when the online test period is over.
CLICK HERE to see Online Test Software video from Step 3 to Step 7
In most cases a candidate taking part in the online test series is allowed to see the detailed result instantly on completion of the test from their home panel in the online test software. This is not applicable for entrance exams, but most institutes who give free online test series for competitive exams allow you to immediately see your online test results.